Arusha National Park is the closest national park to Arusha town, the safari capital of northern Tanzania. Having a size of 550 sq km, it boasts a very diverse ecosystem from the lush swamps of the Ngurdoto Crater to the beauty of Momela Lakes and rocky slopes of Mt Meru.
The park is famous for:
• The black and white Colobus Monkey which is a rare primate only found in this park
• 3 to 4 day mountain climbs to the top of Mt Meru (which is often snow capped)
• lots of buffalo, giraffe and other wildlife
• more than 400 species of birds
• walking safaris and great activities like canoeing on Lake Momella
The best time to visit the park is during the dry season, from July to November, or after the short rains from December to March. The best time to view the park's neighbour, Mt Kilimanjaro, is December through to February.
A one day trip at the start of your safari to this beautiful little park will definitely add diversity to your safari holiday.