Kirawira Luxury Camp is a permanent tented camp in Serengeti’s western corridor. The most noticeable thing about Kirawira is its location. High atop a hill, Kirawira looks down over the plains of the Serengeti. Kirawira faces west, which makes relaxing by the swimming pool and watching the sun setting over the Serengeti plains a real highlight. On a clear day, the views are spectacular, and a Swarovski scope in the lounge area makes game viewing possible without even leaving the lodge!
The best time to stay at the lodge is during May, June, and July as the migratory herd is around Kirawira during that time.
The camp offers 25 luxury tents (5 double and 20 twin), each with an en-suite bathroom, private terrace and personal valet. Finally, in keeping with the theme of colonial opulence, the dining tents also feature a great variety wine and foods.
• Kirawira Camp is designed to be a high-end, colonial-style tented camp
• Each room has a hairdryer, a phone from which you can make international calls, 24-hour electricity and a standing fan for hot nights.
• Beauty treatments and massages are available
• Drinks are not included in the accommodation cost
• There are laundry facilities at the lodge for a small fee
• Kirawira Camp offers room service, and with some advance notice can usually prepare private meals on the terrace of guests tent.
• Children 7 years and older are welcome at the lodge. There are child minding facilities at the lodge which are free for guests (although its customary to leave a tip)
• There is internet service at the lodge for a small fee and guests with their own laptops can make use of the wireless internet in the main lounge
• There is no TV or radio at the lodge
• There is usually a doctor on site, as well as a small clinic.
• At night, guests are escorted between their tent and the main areas, in case of wild animals in the camp.
• Kirawira Camp accepts cash in GB pounds, Euros, US dollars and Tanzanian Shillings. They also accept Visa, Mastercard and Amex credit cards.