Located in the remote south of Tarangire National Park, guests at Oliver’s Camp enjoy privacy and exclusivity rarely found anywhere inside a national park. It feels truly remote and is the only camp where walking safaris can be taken in the park, as the resident guides specialise in tracking animals on foot. Walks range from an hour around the camp to a full day exploring the 'wilderness zones' and are best during August to November.
The camp itself is made up of 9 colonial style tents with comfortable beds, great views and outdoor showers - a giraffe may even walk past while guests are bathing!
There is a real ‘Out of Africa’ feel to Oliver's Camp, with the communal dining/lounge area set amongst acacia trees and the sense of peace and tranquility that comes with the open sky, campfire, and close proximity to wildlife.
• Everyone eats together (unless guests request to eat their dinner privately on their balcony)
• Drinks are included (except champagne, cellar wines and premium brand spirits)
• Guests must be 16 years or older to go on an walking safari
• Power is supplied by a generator
• Laundry is included in the price, but it's done by hand (guests will need to wash their own underwear)
• The camp accepts cash or Visa/Mastercard with a 5% surcharge